Welcome to the sign up page for the 2022 Box Butte County
Thanksgiving & Christmas Food Baskets!
Before completing the signup form, please read ALL the information below:
1. The food baskets are for Box Butte County (Nebraska) residents only who are experiencing hunger.
2. The food is provided in partnership with Safeway in Alliance, the Alliance Ministerial Association and the generous citizens of your community.
3. This program is on a first come, first serve basis. (Applications are time stamped upon completion.)
4. Application for a holiday food basket does not guarantee a food basket. The number of meals that will be provided is uncertain and based solely on donations to Safeway and contributions for the holiday meals.
Food Basket Notifications & Pick-up
Thanksgiving Holiday Meals
We are not accepting Thanksgiving applications at this time. (Christmas food basket signups are accepted through December 5, 2022.)
United Way partners with Safeway for the Nourishing Neighbors Program and all Thanksgiving baskets are provided through this program. Thanksgiving baskets are in the form of a Safeway gift card. Recipients will be notified no later than November 18, 2022.
Christmas Food Baskets
1. The Christmas Basket will be available for pickup on Sunday, December 18 from noon to 1:30 pm.
2. You will receive a phone call by December 14 confirming your basket with the pick-up details. Limited delivery is available for homebound recipients.
2. Phone calls will be made confirming the details and location to pick up the food basket. If the phone is not answered, a message will be left. Recipients must return the phone call within two hours of being notified. Otherwise, the basket will be given to the next person on the list. We are not able to hold the food baskets, if you request a food basket, please be available to pick up your basket on Sunday, December 18th beginning at noon.
3. Applicants are responsible for picking up their own food basket. At notification, instructions will be given on when the food basket can be picked up.
- The last day to sign up for a Christmas food basket is Monday, December 5.
By completing the application for Box Butte County Holiday Food Baskets, I certify that my family falls at or below the income guidelines below. I certify my family is in need of holiday food assistance, and all information given is true and correct. I have read the application instructions and understand the guidelines. I acknowledge there is NO GUARANTEE that I will receive a holiday food basket. I also understand that if I move, am out of town, or my phone is not working, the food basket will be given to the next person on the list.
|# in household||1||2||3||4||5||6||7|
|Gross Monthly Income||$2039.00||$2747.00||$3455.00||$4163.00||$4871.00||$5579.00||$6287.00|
*Based on 180 % of the 2022 HHS Poverty guidelines (Poverty Guidelines | ASPE (hhs.gov)). For families/household member with more than 7 members, add $708 per additional member.
Questions or for assistance:
Please call Alliance Office [308-763-8031] or Scottsbluff Office [308-635-2522] or email email@example.com.