It's your moment to make a difference, Volunteer today !!!
Welcome to the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) at United Way of Western Nebraska serving Scotts Bluff County. This program is designed for volunteers aged 55 and older. As part of AmeriCorps Seniors, an organization committed to involving active older adults in volunteer service, RSVP connects individuals with opportunities to not only enhance their own lives but also make a meaningful difference in the lives of others.
AmeriCorps volunteers, numbering over 200,000 nationwide, directly engage with nonprofit organizations to address the most pressing challenges facing our nation such as food insecurity, education, and community betterment. Locally, AmeriCorps Seniors volunteers in the RSVP program contribute their time and skills to various non-profit, civic, and faith-based organizations in Scotts Bluff County. Whether your passion lies in supporting a local food pantry or delivering Meals on Wheels, your contribution is invaluable!
Explore the diverse volunteer activities available through RSVP:
- Delivering meals to the home-bound
- Serving at local food pantries and nutrition sites
- Tutoring and mentoring local students
- Meal service and clean-up
- And much more
Embrace the benefits of volunteering with RSVP:
- Recognition: Celebrate your commitment during annual recognition events that combine service appreciation with fun and entertainment.
- Ongoing training: Gain access to educational opportunities benefiting both volunteers and the organizations they serve.
- Insurance coverage: RSVP volunteers enjoy supplemental personal liability, accident, and excess automobile insurance at no cost while volunteering.
- Improved well-being: Studies affirm that volunteering enhances physical and mental health.
To qualify for RSVP, simply:
- Be 55 years of age or older
- Be eager to share your skills and life talents
RSVP is inclusive and open to all, regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, marital or parental status, genetic information, military service, or any other status protected by law.
Do you have an hour to spare? Share it with your community!
Ready to embark on your volunteering journey with the Scotts Bluff County RSVP Program?
How to apply:
Visit our office at United Way of Western Nebraska, 1517 Broadway Suite 106, Scottsbluff, NE 69361, Monday to Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, to complete an application.
Download the application here and mail it to us.
ASK Questions at Volunteer@UWWN.org or call 308-635-2522
We look forward to discussing volunteer opportunities that align with your interests, skills, and availability. Join us in making a difference in Scotts Bluff County!